We offer state of the art, all-in-one solution for Prepaid Electricity
and Water Sub-Meters, Vending 24/7 and AMI
Metering Solutions. One of the most cost-effective and easy-to-use prepaid electricity & water sub-meters solution on the market today. Vending and meters are completely managed using SMS and Web technology to ensure nationwide and international 24/7 service.
Our meters vending system supports both STS and AMI/AMR technologies, while designed primarily to service the sub-meter market.
STS Metering Explained?
The Standard Transfer Specification provides interoperability between any certified STS compliant electricity dispensers and electricity vending systems, regardless of who supplied the equipment.To use STS compliant equipment, utilities do not need an STS License, but the supplier will need to be an STS Licensee and the particular equipment must have an STS Compliance Certificate.
The success of the STS lies in that it is:
- Internationally recognised, having been published as an International Standard by IEC in 2007.
- An open standard, allowing STS-compliant equipment from any number of suppliers to be integrated into an electricity sales system.
- A secure standard - the encryption technology used has proved to be extremely robust.
- Supported by complementary specifications and standards, for prepayment meters and vending systems.
- Simple for customers to use.
To see our range of STS meters, please visit our shop.
AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) Metering Explained (better known as a Smart Meter)
AMI is also commonly known as Smart Metering. “Smart Metering” is a word used to describe any metering solution which uses electric meters and supporting devices as opposed to a single mechanical analogue meter. Most residential customers have mechanical meters installed. The industry specification for AMI is NRS049. This specification was prepared on behalf of the Electricity Suppliers Liaison Committee (ESLC) and approved for use by supply authorities. The first iteration of NRS049 was published in 2008 by the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS). Eskom intends implementing the AMI solution for its qualifying customers in a phased approach.
" usually involve real-time or near real-time sensors, power outage notification, and power quality monitoring. These additional features are more than simple automated meter reading (AMR)
- The following, amongst others, can be realised when utilising an AMI solution: Automated Meter Reading.
- Provision of Time-of-Use (TOU) metering and providing usage information to the customer (via the Customer Interface Unit).
- Allows for the management of non-essential appliances in peak periods and during regional and or national constraint periods.
- Malfunctions, Tampers and Outage notifications.
To see our range of STS meters, please visit our shop